08 Jan 2012 5 Comments
I am going to use a word I loathe today. It is “lemmings.” I am experiencing lemmings. Serious ones. You know the ones that keep you up at night and get you researching online like there’s no tomorrow. (For those who may not be as familiar with how this is used in the beauty community, it means serious ‘need’ for something usually beauty related.) What have I gone gaga over? Three things: jewellery, perfume, and Urban Decay’s Naked Palette 2.
1) Jewellery: I go through stages with jewellery and accessories. For the past six months, I’ve been pretty minimal with my jewellery wearing mainly stud earrings. At a family Christmas party though, I had a life changing moment (okay,  maybe a slight exaggeration) when I put this necklace on. But seriously, I was insane over this necklace called the Femme Fatale from Stella and Dot. I felt like it was karma for us to meet. My cousin who is a Stella and Dot stylist (link!) was wearing it as part of her outfit, and seeing me staring at it, she let me try it on. Oh hello. Suffice it to say she didn’t get her necklace back that night, and I was giddy like a kid at, well, Christmas. These are the pictures to prove it.
The Femme Fatale is pricey at $128 but it is such a statement piece. It is trio of mixed chains, which I think looks amazing for evening (if I ever go out) or even day with a white t-shirt.  I was practically begging someone including my dad and husband to buy it for me that night. Sad isn’t it? They were smart and didn’t cave in. I’m not so smart and will cave in. Ordering it this month! After all it’s my birthday month so Happy Birthday to me, right? Since the necklace, I’ve been eyeing lots of jewellery online, including other Stella and Dot pieces, Kendra Scott, and now Jewel Mint which is now shipping to Canada.
2) Perfume: for years my signature scent was Chanel’s Allure. I haven’t worn it lately and have been resorting to Bath & Body Works spray in Dark Kiss. I feel it’s time for me to discover a new scent or scents. I got so many great suggestions from my Tweeps this weekend so my list is long. This will be fun research.
3) Naked Palette 2:  I heard the buzz about the launch of the palette and didn’t pay much attention. I tried to tell myself I have enough neutrals and don’t need it. But somehow this weekend I ended up on the Sephora site, and it happened to land in my shopping basket…along with a Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb perfume roller. Why is it so easy to shop online?What are your lemmings? And why do we say lemmings?
by Michelle in Urban Decay Tags: Stella and Dot
View the original article here

2 Responses so far.

Leave a Reply