Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (Review)
Good morning everyone! Today I have a review post for you on Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation. There are a lot of these "skin matching" foundations floating around the market lately: Cover Girl's Tru Blend, Maybelline's Fit Me, L'Oreal's True Match and of course, Rimmel's version. I am a permanent skeptic when it comes to foundations, I generally always find something wrong with them but keep trying out the latest formulas hoping to find my "perfect match".
I first picked up this foundation when I was visiting my dad in Phoenix, Arizona in February. I was excited to see it because it wasn't yet available in Canada so I was fast to scoop it up. Since February I have gone through 3 (yes 3!) bottles of this foundation. I can honestly say this is the first foundation I have EVER repurchased, and there is good reason.
Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation has a lot of great things going for it. First off, I have found that I'm always able to find a good match in colour with any Rimmel foundation. Although I find their shades vary wildly depending on the formula, I'm usually able to find a good shade for me. They don't seem to lend to the orange side and are generally neutral in base which works great for me. The Match Perfection line has an even better range of shades and a light consistency but medium coverage formula. That was one thing that really surprised me about this foundation, the consistency is liquidy and disappears in the skin but the coverage is quite impressive without looking (or feeling) heavy or cakey.

This foundation is also moisturizing and provides a natural, dewy finish. I have relatively oily/combination skin and this formula doesn't break me out or leave me with excess oil. Having said that, after I apply this with my fingers (I've found that it works best for this formulation) I use a blotting paper to soak up excess oil before applying my MAC Blot Powder. Doing so helps it stay all day on my oilier skin, although I found it has great staying power anyway.
I couldn't ask for much more in a foundation; great staying power, a perfect match with my skin tone, a flattering dewy finish and amazing coverage without looking like it. I will continue to repurchase this amazing foundation (until I get bored and want to try something new - you all know what I mean!).

My Shade is True Ivory.



View the Original article

Leave a Reply