Fall Craft - Acorn Felting
I've been falling in love with felt acorns. These cute little symbols of fall are all over Etsy and the blogosphere these days and I am smitten. I've never felted before, but being a pretty crafty mama I gave it a try and it was so easy!! I used this great YouTube tutorial:



First we gathered acorn caps from a local park- my 3 year old did this job and had a complete blast. Then I felted a ball (see video above); first with a felting needle then some more with soap. I used Dr.Bonner's Castile Soap- but dish soap works too. Finally, once the felt balls are dry, you hot-glue them into the acorn caps. I've never felted before, but I completely hooked- its so fun and relaxing.
019We've been using them to decorate our fall table and they are so pretty and colorful. My youngest has also been loving them for practicing her counting and for make-believe play. I have plans to make some felted acorn garlands and maybe even some Christmas ornaments too.
020

View the Original article

Categories: , ,

Leave a Reply